Thursday, September 29, 2011

Time for a Confession

I have a confession to make.  As I write this blog I am guiltlessly enjoying a piece of fruit cake that my mother made for me to freeze for the holidays.  We've been tag teaming this year on the baking/cooking.  Each time one of us prepares a meal or a batch of goodies, we double the recipe and wrap the extra batch up for the other.   (I highly recommend this if you have a friend or family member to prep with!)

I realize most of you did not finish reading that paragraph, stopping dead in your tracks at the phrase "fruit cake".  But, yes, I love me some fruit cake.  Not all fruit cake, mind you.  Just my grandmother's fruit cake, which is basically glorified raisin bread.  There is something about the scent and taste of the cinnamon and the cloves that just instantly reminds me of Christmas. 

What favorite food makes it feel like Christmas to you, regardless of the time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment