Friday, September 7, 2012

Thirty Minutes

Took the opportunity to get some advanced meal preparation done and wanted you to see how much you can accomplish in a short amount of time.  I don't know how long it takes you to prepare dinner, but I consider it a tremendous success if dinner is done in 30 minutes, especially with three children underfoot.

Here's what I was able to do in 30 minutes today.  No, it's not gourmet.  But it's a family favorite and it's delicious...


Three large trays of baked ziti are prepared.  One will go in the oven for dinner this evening.  Two will go in the freezer for dinner in December.  No extra work, apart from having to use and clean a larger pot.  The 30 minutes that I would have spent making dinner tonight anyway, allowed me to make an extra dinner (and probably a leftover lunch or two) for our family and one for my full-time working mom and dad.  Now to decide what's on the menu for next week!

*Notice the tin pans? I don't have time to wash dishes during the holidays either. ;-)  Check out your local dollar store.  You won't regret it!













No comments:

Post a Comment