Saturday, October 19, 2013

Week 8

I just saw a post on Facebook that said there are only 10 Wednesdays left until Christmas.  I have to admit that, I did have slight heart palpitations.  I can't even imagine how much that would stress me out if I wasn't as prepared as I am.  This year, it has been difficult to stick with the plan in light of some unexpected events and illnesses.  But, having said that, I still feel like I've got a decent handle on things.  I hope you are feeling the same way.  Do not get discouraged if you aren't where you'd like to be.  Just remember, you are much better off than most.  Keep plugging along.  Your hard work and determination will all pay off...sooner than you think!

Without further adieu, let's get busy!

  • Make a batch of holiday goodies
  • Make 1 freezer meal
  • Buy 2 canned foods- one from your long-term shopping list and one to donate
  • Buy at least 1 gift- if you can knock out two, go for it!  Also, don't forget to start picking up small items for "white elephant" exchanges and/or stocking stuffers.
  • Wrap and label gifts
  • Check your progress and adjust.  If those crafts aren't coming along as planned, consider setting them aside until next year and buying a gift in their place.  Do you need to double up on a holiday goody or freezer meal? 
  • Buy pumpkins
  • Review plans for Halloween costumes
  • Make a Halloween treat.  It may seem silly to have this on the list, but there are far too many times that the season passes and I wish I would have made a fun treat for my kids or neighbors.  This year, I'm trying these Peanut Butter Butterscotch Haystacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment