Friday, July 27, 2012

Santa's Birthday Debrief

Okay,  I have to come clean.  We didn't celebrate Santa's birthday on July 25th like I had planned.  Due to a scheduling conflict with an activity at our church, we had to bump our birthday bash up a day so that we could fully enjoy it.  And what a day it was!

We were blessed to have in attendance, my oldest son's best buddy which made the day even more fun!  The kids awoke to find a gift and letter from Ralphie, our Elf on the Shelf, wishing them a Happy Santa's Birthday.  A special breakfast of "reindeer donuts" and fruit followed.  We decorated a small Christmas tree, which would later house our homemade ornaments, listened to Christmas music, and got to watch Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas.  Once our special guest arrived we dove in to our ornament making.  I must interject how thankful I am that Pinterest has entered my world in the past year.  It has been a lifesaver!  (If you need an invite, leave me a comment w/ your email address and I'll send one to you a.s.a.p. Pinterest will change your life) 

We tackled two ornaments this year, one out of cinnamon dough, which went better than I expected.  The other was a Santa face made out of a handprint.  Most mother's of small children will go to great lengths to capture their child's growth by making anything and everything out of hand, foot, and fingerprints.  I am one such mother.











Lunch consisted of grilled cheese sandwiches in the shape of holiday bells.  We had a rousing game of Pin the Red Nose on Rudolph, enjoyed our delicious Santa cake, watched Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and played our new game, which included elf bowling- definitely our favorite!  It was a busy day, but full of memory making.  I can't wait until next year!



1 comment: