Saturday, September 21, 2013

Week 4

I hope you are feeling a sense of accomplishment.  You are making small strides that will save you large amounts of time later.  If you feel like you are not making a dent, just remember it will all pay off in the end.   Here goes!

Week of September 21st - 27th
  • Make one batch of holiday goodies

  • Make one freezer meal- If the idea of making an extra meal is daunting.  Consider buying a frozen lasagna or pre-made meal that you can store for a busy day.  Even some frozen hamburger patties can be purchased and saved for the holidays.  Don't put too much pressure on yourself to make something from scratch.  Think outside the box.

  • Buy 2 canned food items

  • Buy 1/8  of your gifts- This generally amounts to one or two, depending on how large your list of recipients is.  My goal is to buy one or two each week.  The key is to spread out the cost of shopping for so many people.  Even if you are purchasing one gift per pay period, you'll be amazed at how much is done by the time the season rolls around.

  • Work 1 hour on homemade gifts/crafts

  • List any linens that need replacing- Consider table linens as well as towels and sheets if you are expecting out of town guests.

1 comment:

  1. Last week I actually made 3 freezer meals: chili, Chicken Broccoli Casserole and a Chicken Parmesan dish. But I didn't make any holiday goodies, so I will do one batch this week. I'm still thinking about gifts so I will try to get that more together this week. I'm so glad to be following along here! I am going to really enjoy the holiday season with a lot of things already prepared. :)

    ReplyDelete