Thursday, August 25, 2011

Holiday Plans

"Action is the foundational key to all success." -Pablo Picasso

The first step in planning and organizing yourself for the impending holiday season is to get yourself a plan!  I was introduced to the Holiday Grand Plan a few years ago by my cousin's sweet wife and my life has not been the same since.

The Grand Plan is only one of many that are availabe.  Some are 12 weeks.  Some are 6 weeks.  There's even one that has you planning year round!  Each has a slightly different method for organizing and pacing yourself through holiday "to-do" lists.  If you're feeling particularly ambitious, visit Organized Christmas and explore their holiday plans.   But, I warn you.  They can seem daunting and you can easily feel overwhelmed at first glance.  I have thoroughly examined them all and found that the Grand Plan is the most thorough and specific, which works for me.  However, I have incorporated some forms and ideas from the other plans as well that I intend to share with you.  The best thing you can do is find one that works for you and helps you meet your goal- to enjoy the holidays without losing your mind! 

That's what I intend to help you do.

The Holiday Grand Plan is a web-based plan for giving your house a cleaning overhaul and prepping for your holidays in advance.  The purpose is to focus on the holidays earlier in the year so that you can actually enjoy them when they arrive.  Sounds crazy, I know.  But speaking from experience, I can honestly say, THIS WORKS!  Each week you are provided with a list of cleaning tasks and holiday preparations.

The Grand Plan kicks off this year on Sunday, August 28th.  Yes!  Just a few days away!  It takes some getting used to and requires a good amount of prep work to get rolling.  So,for our purposes, I'll be sharing some key elements as well as some ideas that I've had that have worked well in the past.
If your head is already spinning, take a deep breath.  We'll get through this together and it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment