Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What to Do?!

I'm almost giddy today!  My wonderful brother-in-law and sister-in-law have offered to take the kids for the day, leaving me all by my lonesome.  Now, I know they are looking forward to spending time with their niece and nephews, but I still consider this a huge favor.

The problem I face, however, is trying to decide what to do with all of my free time.  Part of me wants to go shop it up.  But, why should I spend the whole day out with crowds of people?  My next idea...stay home...alone.  I know the mere thought of that prospect would bore many people to death, but I am SO looking forward to it.  I haven't been able to spend a quiet day alone in my house for 6 years and I plan to take advantage! 

What's on my "To-Do" list today?  Holiday planning!  You can be sure the candle will be lit and Christmas music of some sort (although, I save some particularly special tunes for after Thanksgiving) will be playing.  I'm looking forward to trying a new cookie today which I'm hoping will become a holiday favorite at our house.  I'll also be digging out our Christmas books and wrapping those.  You may even see another post from me today.  Can you imagine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment